These are our 8M: the 8 Lies we denounce, the 8 Motives that move us to act, the Measures we demand and the 8 Ways we want to do it.
We invite you to join us. You can do it here:http://action.womenworldplatform.com/es/actua/8m
We claim, affirm and celebrate femininity, motherhood, complementarity and family.
OUR 8M: 8 Lies + 8 Motives + 8 Measures + 8 Ways
8 Lies that we denounce
- It is a lie that there is no difference between the sexes beyond the socially imposed ones.
- It is a lie that there is no female identity and that women play the same role as men.
- It is a lie that because they have suffered discrimination throughout history, women today deserve positive discrimination and a quota system that gives them equal opportunities.
- It is a lie that women can only be fulfilled if they work outside the home.
- It is a lie that job discrimination, the wage gap and unequal opportunities are the result of a patriarchal and sexist society.
- It is a lie that women are always victims and men are always violent and potential abusers.
- It is a lie that women should be able to rent their bodies for profit.
- It is a lie that the fight for women's rights and real equality needs state funding and subsidies in order to be effective and to break down sexist structures.
8 Motives that move us to act
- Because society loses half when it does not recognize the enriching complementarity and reciprocity between men and women. Men are our allies and partners, those who complete the circle.
- Because we women want to be, in all areas, what we are: women.
- Because what we need is equity and not privilege.
- Because society, politics and the world of work must recognise and value dedication to the family and dependent persons.
- Because women are discriminated against in the world of work for being mothers, not for being women. It is necessary to confront the mobbing maternal.
- Because we reject all violence against women and domestic violence, whether against women, children, the elderly or men.
- Because we want the dignity of women and their bodies to be respected.
- Because budgets should help women in situations of special vulnerability (battered, pregnant women without resources, with dedication to the family, dependent people...) and not to finance ideological chiringuitos.
8 Measures that we demand
- We demand the elimination of ideological gender laws that do not respect or recognize female identity and the complementarity of the sexes.
- We demand the elimination of quotas and positive discrimination.
- We demand flexible working hours, teleworking, intensive working hours and part-time contracts.
- We demand social visibility and political recognition of the exclusive dedication to the family and dependent persons.
- We demand legislative recognition of the mobbing Maternity leave as a specific form of employment discrimination against women on the grounds of maternity.
- We demand presumption of innocence, justice and equality in the face of domestic violence. And ruthless justice for stalkers, rapists and murderers.
- We demand that women's bodies should not be traded: an effective ban on surrogate motherhood and the prosecution of sexual exploitation.
- We demand the suspension of funding for the gender business and that it be used to help the most vulnerable women.
8 Ways to do so
- Recognizing the differences.
- With tenderness and sensitivity.
- Through objective dialogue.
- Proudly being a woman.
- Empathetically understanding the implications of motherhood.
- Guarding the family.
- Finding each other as allies.
- Channelling efforts to what is truly necessary.